The Videographer is responsible for planning, filming, and editing videos that could be used for marketing, sales, and corporate communications. His or her responsibilities include ensuring that the necessary filming equipment is available for use and editing film footage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record important events using camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Edit captured video.
- Set up the equipment before the shoot and store it properly after use.
- Keep all video and audio equipment in good working order, replacing parts as necessary.
- Edit footage in post-production.
- Work under the direction of Marketing Head, collaborate with the team to create the video product.
- Calibrating and maintaining equipment.
- Interview people and create film video clips.
- Adding computer graphics and special effects to a video.
- Tests all equipment to determine the technical quality of recording, audio, and lighting apparatus prior to operation in the field.
- Oversees the security, operation, and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing.
- Graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, or related courses.
- Five years of experience in operating video cameras and editing equipment.
- Knowledge of video editing software, including Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and After Effects
- Animation design skill is a plus.
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs to audio and video equipment.
- Ability to configure, operate, and maintain studio and/or field audio, lighting, and associated production equipment.
- Knowledge of television broadcasting rules and regulations.