The Head of Marketing is tasked to develop and manage marketing programs in specific channels, support business objectives, lead acquisition, foster customer retention, execute business development, provide sales support, and advance brand building. He/She should manage and maintain the company’s social media presence and correspondence as well as keep up to date with the latest trends and maximize strategies according to brand guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build marketing programs to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of the overall strategic marketing plan.
- Develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis.
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing campaigns, product descriptions, sales collaterals, videos, and blogs in line with the marketing objective.
- Uphold Guidelines for brand voice, style, and concept.
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines.
- Follow editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the production team to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques in writing to maximize the online visibility of the website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field.
- 5 years of strong marketing experience in a senior position or related work experience.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics, and processing figures with spreadsheets